- April 10th – Ballarat – SmartSafe: Digital Safety, Family Violence and Risk Assessment – Do you understand the latest smart phones, social media channels, GPS tracking and communications technology? If you work in family violence, you need to understand how technology is used in family violence, and what you can do in your role to support the 98% of victim/survivors who are experiencing tech-facilitated abuse. Proficiency in technology is not required, only a passion for keeping women and children safe.
- May 29th & 30th – Rochester – Motivational Interviewing, Foundation Skills – this training is aimed at workers in health and community settings who engage in conversations about change. Suitable for workers dealing with a wide range of presenting issues including healthy behaviour change. Facilitated by Helen Mentha.
Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Mental Health Professionals Network -The Mental Health Professionals’ Network is a unique initiative targeted at improving interdisciplinary mental health practice and collaborative care within Australia. It supports primary mental health practitioners through local networks, webinar programs and e-newsletters.
- The Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria is a Registered Training Organisation delivering family violence education to professionals from all areas at all levels, given by expert trainers with in-the-field experience.
- Rehabilitation to Recreation(R2R) – Professional Development for Allied Health staff in your region
- The Bouverie Centre, Victoria’s Family Institute – Bouverie Professional Development Calendar – 2018
- Transgender Victoria – Transgender Victoria is now available to discuss with aged care providers how we might assist these them to improve the quality of aged and community care for older LGBTI Victorians. To arrange a session please contact: Brenda Appleton Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 0404 480 416