- January 24th, 31st & February 7th – Castlemaine – Dementia Essentials Workshop – This fully funded, accredited 3-day training is designed to assist workers supporting people living with dementia. The completed competency can be credited towards further study in Aged Care.
- February 27th, 2018 – Bendigo – Health Literacy Workshop – This practical workshop is designed to provide health and community workers with the skills to develop simple, clear and easy to read resources for their consumers or community. The workshop requires some before and after workshop activity to support learning.
- February 27th, 2018 – Kerang – SAVE THE DATE for LMCCA Regional Diversity forum – Understanding Forgotten Australians, Former Child Migrants, Stolen Generations and people affected by past adoption practices. This forum will form part of the Diversity planning initiatives for Loddon Mallee in 2018 with aims to increase knowledge and awareness of the newly added special need groups: People who are care leavers and Parents separated from children by forced adoption or removal. Contact Diversity Advisor, Virginia Harkin for more details.
Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Mental Health Professionals Network -The Mental Health Professionals’ Network is a unique initiative targeted at improving interdisciplinary mental health practice and collaborative care within Australia. It supports primary mental health practitioners through local networks, webinar programs and e-newsletters.
- Rehabilitation to Recreation(R2R) – Professional Development for Allied Health staff in your region
- The Bouverie Centre, Victoria’s Family Institute – Bouverie Professional Development Calendar – 2018
- Transgender Victoria – Transgender Victoria is now available to discuss with aged care providers how we might assist these them to improve the quality of aged and community care for older LGBTI Victorians. To arrange a session please contact: Brenda Appleton Email: email@example.com Mobile: 0404 480 416