- For information and services provided by the Australian government go to Services Australia.
- Australian Government financial assistance through COVID-19 Pandemic: Individuals and households
- Centrelink: Economic Justice Australia has produced a fact sheet with specific information on how to claim a Centrelink payment during COVID-19.
- Centrelink payments and additional assistance for those already on a payment:
- Talk to your local bank to negotiate and manage your loan repayments.
- Victorian Government’s Working for Victoria job creation program. This scheme helps workers who have lost jobs as a consequence of COVID-19, and other Victorians seeking work, to find new opportunities in critical roles supporting the community. The government will pay each worker’s salary plus on-costs for six months.
Local Financial Aid/Counselling Services
- If you are experiencing financial hardship, National Debt Helpline offers free financial counselling.
- Catholic Care Sandhurst (covers Macedon Ranges) call 54381300
- Haven Home Safe for Kyneton/ Castlemaine residents call 0436 950 096 and leave a message for Jess (she will call you back)
- Mount Alexander Macedon Ranges (MAMR) NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme): 03 5427 4842 (Wednesdays 9 – 3 pm)
- St Luke’s – Anglicare Maryborough call 03 54610200 / email email@example.com
Access to food
Care Packs during mandatory self-isloation
- Victorians in mandatory self-isolation running short on food and unable to have any dropped-off by friends are now eligible for a “food and personal care package“, with a two-weeks supply of items like long-life milk, pasta, canned fruit, cereal and sugar, as well as some personal care items. People wishing to request a pack should call Victoria’s dedicated Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398.
Free Foodbank provides people in need within our community with access to a range of food and household items, including toiletries at no cost. The service is provided for anyone in our community who is experiencing hard times, for any reason.
Meals on Wheels, along with other Aged Care services, aim to assist the elderly and those with disabilities to remain living independently for as long as possible. Contact your local council to see if you are eligible.
Homelessness and COVID-19 CSI Response Centre for Social Impact