Vic PCP Online Health Literacy Course
The Victorian PCP Online Health Literacy Course was launched in November 2017. It has been designed for Victorian health and human service organisations to build knowledge and skills in health literacy responsiveness.
After completing the course, you will have an understanding of:
- What health literacy responsiveness is
- Your role in improving health literacy responsiveness
- How health literacy improvements can be implemented within your organisation.
About the course
The Vic PCP Online Health Literacy Course is made up of the following 5 modules. Complete all five, or choose to complete the modules most appropriate to your role:
- Introduction: What is health literacy and why is it important?
- Leadership: How does my leadership role contribute to health literacy responsiveness?
- Communication: What influence does communication have on health literacy?
- Navigation of physical and virtual environments: What challenges do individuals face when navigating a service and how can my organisation support them?
- Partnering with consumers: How can my organisaton work with consumers to improve organisational health literacy responsiveness?
The course is suitable for all staff, regardless of existing knowledge of health literacy. This broad approach to increase staff knowledge and skills has been developed to complement health literacy activities within your organisation.
The course was developed by a steering group made up of Victorian Primary Care Partnerships (PCPs), led by Liz Meggetto of Central West Gippsland PCP.
How can you access the course?
The course is available free of charge at www.vicpcphealthliteracycourse.com.au (we recommend using Chrome as your internet browser).
You can request a free version to be embedded in your internal Learning Management System from firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to know more about the course please contact Estelle Donse at email@example.com or 92489654.
Read about HealthWest’s health literacy project work here.