Veterans’ Health Week (VHW) will run from Saturday, 21 October, to Sunday, 29 October, 2017 with the theme of ‘physical activity’.
Veterans are a special need group under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme. The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) website is full of information.
Links here to a few of the Department of Veterans Affairs factsheets that may assist service providers to determine eligibility for CHSP service support:
- Overview of DVA benefits and services
- DVA Health Cards
- Veterans Home Care (VHC)
- Concessions in Victoria
- Health Care eligibility for service pensioners
- Bereavement information
- Veterans supplement in Home Care (Packages)
- Non DVA aged and community services
To think about:
- The Pensioner Concession Card issued through DVA holds the same status as the PCC through Centrelink.
- A person may have a DVA card but is not eligible for Veterans Home Care (some or all) e.g. White Card
- There may be veterans living locally who did not serve in the Australian Defence Force or allied forces (i.e. originally from other countries) requiring support?
- Bereavement may alter circumstances for a spouse or partner significantly e.g. Gold Card eligibility may be lost after 98 days