Covid-19 Hotline: 1800 675 398
Covid -19 up-to-date information: Victorian Government
Pandemic Plan led by Macedon Ranges Shire Council
- Local contact number for the community –
Health & social service changes
Community Support services directory can be found on Macedon Ranges Shire Council website
Access to food
Care Packs during mandatory self-isloation
- Victorians in mandatory self-isolation running short on food and unable to have any dropped-off by friends are now eligible for a “food and personal care package“, with a two-weeks supply of items like long-life milk, pasta, canned fruit, cereal and sugar, as well as some personal care items. People wishing to request a pack should call Victoria’s dedicated Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398.
Meals on Wheels, along with other Aged Care services, aim to assist the elderly and those with disabilities to remain living independently for as long as possible. Contact your local council to see if you are eligible.
- For information and services provided by the Australian government go to Services Australia.
- Australian Government financial assistance through COVID-19 Pandemic: Individuals and households
- Centrelink: Economic Justice Australia has produced a fact sheet with specific information on how to claim a Centrelink payment during COVID-19. You can also ring Cobaw for additional support.
Local Financial Aid/Counselling Services
- If you are experiencing financial hardship, National Debt Helpline offers free financial counselling.
- Catholic Care Sandhurst (covers Macedon Ranges) call 54381300
- Haven Home Safe for Macedon Ranges residents call 0436 950 096 and leave a message for Jess (she will call you back)
- Mount Alexander Macedon Ranges (MAMR) NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme): 03 5427 4842 (Wednesdays 9 – 3 pm)