Covid-19 Hotline: 1800 675 398
Covid -19 up-to-date information: Victorian Government
Pandemic Plan led by Mount Alexander Shire Council
- Pandemic Coordinator – Gaynor Atkins
- Local contact number for the community – 1800 512 446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health & social service changes
Disability Services are an essential service and are operating, however group activities may be cancelled.
Access to food
Care Packs during mandatory self-isloation
- Victorians in mandatory self-isolation running short on food and unable to have any dropped-off by friends are now eligible for a “food and personal care package“, with a two-weeks supply of items like long-life milk, pasta, canned fruit, cereal and sugar, as well as some personal care items. People wishing to request a pack should call Victoria’s dedicated Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398.
Meals on Wheels, along with other Aged Care services, aim to assist the elderly and those with disabilities to remain living independently for as long as possible. Contact your local council to see if you are eligible
Mount Alexander Community Pantry: providing frozen pre-prepared meals and food packages. Click on flyer below for contact information
Local facebook groups
- For information and services provided by the Australian government go to Services Australia.
- Australian Government financial assistance through COVID-19 Pandemic: Individuals and households
- If you are experiencing financial hardship, National Debt Helpline offers free financial counselling.
- Centrelink: Economic Justice Australia has produced a fact sheet with specific information on how to claim a Centrelink payment during COVID-19. You can also ring Castlemaine Community House for additional support
- Haven Home Safe for Mount Alexander residents call 0436 950 096 and leave a message for Jess (she will call you back)
- Mount Alexander Macedon Ranges (MAMR) NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme): 03 5427 4842 (Wednesdays 9 – 3 pm)
- Talk to your local bank to negotiate and manage your loan repayments.