Mount Alexander Suicide Response Group
The Mount Alexander Suicide Response Group is to provide a coordinated and effective response to family, friends and colleagues following a suicide and minimise the risk of contagion within the Mount Alexander community.
Consists of organisations that provide services within the Mount Alexander Shire and are committed to supporting the community members impacted by suicide events. See Terms of Reference.
Terms of Reference
To be updated to include suicide prevention. Click here for Terms of Reference
Examples of activities
- Presentation of local data
- Development of the Mount Alexander Suicide Response Communication Protocol
- Mount Alexander Suicide Pathways to Care workshop – facilitated by Standby, lifeline
- Community Forum
- Development of resources
Mount Alexander Suicide Prevention Steering Group
(Disbanded at the completion of the Mount Alexander Suicide Prevention project)
The Mount Alexander Suicide Prevention Project Steering Group provides support, guidance and oversight of the Mount Alexander Suicide Prevention – A systems approach project.
Organisations and community members that are working towards suicide prevention in Mount Alexander:
- Central Victorian Primary Care Partnership
- Murray Primary Health Network
- Castlemaine District Community Health
- Every Life Matters (ELM)
- Bendigo Health
- Mostyn Street Medical Clinic